Moss Ball Terrarium – DIY Kit
Your kit will include everything you need to create your own mini freshwater lake at home. Including easy to follow guides in which our plant experts will run you through how to make a beautiful and unique aquarium. Marimo balls are considered good luck charms in Japan and are often kept as family heirlooms.
- Large hand blown eco-glass jar. Made from recycled glass. Dimensions 19cm H x 10cm W
- 1 x Cork tamper – the perfect terrarium tool to get going.
- Natural river stones for a decoration.
- 2 x Marimo Moss balls.
- Some seashells for decoration.
- A instructional video – (link)
- A printed step-by-step guide with pictures
- A care guide (further tips can be found below in our care section)
Please note: You will receive enough if not more of the materials you need to build your mini underwater jungle. If you have any questions about how to build your aquarium please do not hesitate to contact us for advice and guidance via firstname.lastname@example.org or our social media accounts.
Moss balls natural environment is at the bottom of cold lakes so this must be considered when caring for them in your home. Place them somewhere cool with low to medium light. Avoid bright sunlight as this could burn your moss ball.
Change the water once every week or 2. Normal tap water is fine if possible, leave the water to sit out for 24 hours before changing the water.
If they turn brown check they aren’t too warm or in too much light.
If they float they will have an air bubble, squeeze it slightly to let the air out.